ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A real gentleman in the preservation world

I would just like to draw attention to the amazing generosity of Simon Austin at Squirrel Preservation.

After my plea for help in acquiring old interior adverts from the seventies, Simon kindly sent three ads, free of charge.

Two promptly went down to the framers, and will be on my wall soon.

I would post some pictures, but I don't have a flickr account, to link to.

Preservation, isn't just about the vehicles, there's so much more. When you put the elements together, you can conjure up those memories and relive those experiences again.

My bus number (if any): RML2561 (Well, at least the bits I managed to save!)

Re: A real gentleman in the preservation world

Makes a nice change to hear something nice , well done Simon !

Shame tho' all the others out there who will quite happily want mega bucks for anything routemaster related :-(

My bus number (if any): RML2391

A very kind gesture. The trouble with publicing kind gestures unfortunately is that other people jump on the bandwagon and want kind gestures too!!!

My bus number (if any): rm531

many thanks everyone and yes steve i was waiting for your words to happen.
james i dont have spare 80s or 90s i will have a look but lyndas ones were vinyls i had done ten years ago and with vinyl if it is not stored or looked after it dries up,anyway i will look but if you have any 80s or 90s to swap i could be interested ,i am getting some made in paper but what they are and time scale wont be in next couple of months im keeping my eye on these floods and our bus friends with vehicles in barns

My bus number (if any): RCL2238,RT,RF,RM