ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedometer, Rev counter, temperature, voltmeter unit

I was working on RM238 on Sunday and was distracted by a ride on the Swedish railcar at Nene Valley Railway.

Here are some pictures of the instrument I am planning to fit to my buses.

The backlit display is small but easy to read

It displays speed all the time with bars for RPM & temperature

The secondary display can be easily toggled between temperature, RPM

and volts

The unit can also be fitted with a fuel tank sensor.

When it is warmer I'll fit the magnets and sensors on the flanges either side of the gearbox and the temperature sender on the engine.

I'm working on a solution to displaying the oil pressure.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

Re: Speedometer, Rev counter, temperature, voltmeter unit

looks an interesting little project , is there much work to fit the sensors etc to the various points on the bus ? how much does the unit cost ?

mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Re: Speedometer, Rev counter, temperature, voltmeter unit

The unit and all the sensors costs about £150.00 inc VAT. I'll let you know about fitting when I've done it!

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17