ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tellus OIl

We need some Tellus oil. I got the last 50 litres from Mike Fuller. Anyone know of a supplier?
Can collect from anywhere in a line between Manchester and Dover!

RMOA doesn't specify a particular supplier for this.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: Tellus OIl

I think we got ours from Hobbco St Albans
Sphere Industrial Estate, Campfield Rd, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 5HT
01727 863311

I think we may have put Mike on to them

Best Chris

My bus number (if any): RML2368

Silgo at Purfleet Essex probably a suitable supplier, or look up Shell lubricant suppliers list. Ed

Thanks, I'd forgotten we had a thread about this a while back on Tellus oils and Dextrons, and Tellus 22 what was now specified for RM brakes. St Albans seems a convenient stop off en route to London.

Kim Taylor the Morris's area manager lives in Headcorn Kent and the local distribution warehouse is nearby about 3 miles south of the A20. If you contact Morris's at Shrewsbury you will be able to collect from him. You require Liquimatic no 3. Can't get a great deal closer to Dover.

Thanks Roy, know Headcorn well, lived in Ashford for 30 odd years, I'll be around Ashford during my trip over so will follow that up.

I get mine from Rye Oils, HYD22, I've always got some in stock as have Rye Oils. It's usually available abroad under the HYD22 number from any agricultural or JCB type agents.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Thanks Roy, I tried Shell in France but they don't do much in the way of oils, only fuel stations. Do you have a brand for that HYD22? It would be easier to get it locally if possible.

No don't have a brand name, but when I needed some in Holland and Germany the local tractor dealer has it. It's a standard hydraulic oil.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Hello Brian, i've sent you an email direct about the tellus oil if you still need a drum.... ?

My bus number (if any): RM158

Thanks Mark, still waiting for order confirmation from clients.