ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In snow at Roehampton

I probably cursed the driver of the Mini at the time for getting into my shot but the car and the passengers waiting at the stop in Danebury Avenue on the Roehampton Estate possibly enhance this winter scene taken on Dec 12 1981.
RM 146 was newly overhauled and although not strikingly obvious it was one of those examples of a `low` bonnet number with a `high` body number - in this case, 1893.

Re: In snow at Roehampton

Taken in the days when London didn't slide to a halt when a snowflake fell.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Is that driver's mirror an early version of 'elf and safety? The immediate assumption would be that it is snow build up, but this is not a scene after a recently finished snow fall; this happened hours ago if not overnight.

It`s actually the sun bouncing off a standard `old type` mirror! Just at that low height - picture taken around 10am if I remember.
The snowfall was in the early hours of the day before the picture was taken.

Lovely picture.