ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nat West RML

Saw your bus in Peterborough City Centre this afternoon

Modifications to the roof have increased the height to 15 feet 2 inches

RML2464 is based near Sevenoaks and is currently travelling all over the UK promoting the mainly publicly-owned bank's services to business.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

Re: Nat West RML

Another one that may suffer gearbox problems a there doesn't seem to be a trap to check gearbox oil level!

My bus number (if any): RML2532

The driver said it had a modern engine and gearbox, and thought it was the first RM to be converted in this way. Someone will know if this is the case.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

What a mess. The sooner cut up for spares the better.

A bit unkind there roy, remember it provides work for a couple of drivers and maybe people like you and me who fix them, and has provided work for the people who make such hideous conversions!

Corporate publicity vehicle with a strict budget allocated for running expenses by the accountants. When its maintenance begins to exceed that budget, it will be parked up while the same accountants try to 'realise' some £50,000+. When its true value as a butchered, now unfashionable, vehicle is eventually met at little more than scrap value, its components will have suffered. Better to use them now.

I do wonder whether the winding windows would be better off used elsewhere : NatWest surely aren't going to care whether the windows are hoppers or winders - perhaps a swap with another bus is possible?

roy
Corporate publicity vehicle with a strict budget allocated for running expenses by the accountants. When its maintenance begins to exceed that budget, it will be parked up while the same accountants try to 'realise' some £50,000+. When its true value as a butchered, now unfashionable, vehicle is eventually met at little more than scrap value, its components will have suffered. Better to use them now.
Like the Metrobus I was offered a few years ago done out with 20-odd computer stations, cost over £80k to convert, worth £2k scrap value, and like the RT in Germany that went for 60k euro, got to new owners base with seized gearbox, now with seized engine too, worth f all now!

my bro saw this last week at the city of london sadly i cant go down and see it but my bro got me a pic it will be dumped soon trust me like rml 2558

My bus number (if any): lt 150

RML2464 is an ex-Shepherds Bush Dartmaster with push-button gear selector, if anything Roy, it would be VERY desirable for someone to purchase to use as a mobile home and the fact that it would be easy AND cheaper to acquire parts for it's Euro 2 engine & Allison gearbox means that I'm sure if Nat West sold it to Ensignbus, they would quickly find a buyer for it.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, bus owned by Tom Ireland)

Some tall fellow with a big budget. Trying to fix what isn't broken, and losing all the charm in the process.

My bus number (if any): RCL2259