ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GS45 rebuilt

Hi all ,I was reading in the most recent edition of Bus & coachwith much joy that GS45 has being fully rebuilt by Ian Barrett in Dorking,it used to be a Dorking GS which makes it even more poignant. It was brought by a Dr Moore and converted into a caravan,then the present owner's the Smith family in Melksham,Wilts purchased it in 1981,where it sat in a field for nearly 30 years,until recently. It has being fully rebuilt and is a testament to the quality of Mr Barretts workmanship. Hope this info is of interest to some people.

My bus number (if any): none yet!

Re: GS45 rebuilt

check out the Photoshopped blind box on the cover i am not paying over 4 quid again

My bus number (if any): lt 150

Hi Jim , good to hear from you,I wouldn't have noticed about it being photo shopped unless you had mentioned it,I thought it just had a blank blind box,I can't think of any reason not to have a route & via blind showing it's destination etc ,. By my counting there are now 90 GS's preserved and 84 built!!!

My bus number (if any): none yet!

There were actually MORE GSs built if you include the Isle of Man examples.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Hi Roy , Thanks for that info,I didn't know there had being any non LT country area GS's!

My bus number (if any): none yet!!!

They had Mulliner bodies, very similar to the ECW body, but with a huge destination screen on the front which made the front about 12' high! There's a couple preserved.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Hi Roy , thanks for that ,now that you mention it i'm sure I saw a bus like that at BAMMOT years ago