ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cab door runner wearing strip

Anyone know what is used nowadays for the two fibre runner strips on the cab door runner on the cab floor.
On RTs and RMs it used to be Ferobestos but that is not used any more as it was asbestos reinforced fibre (and we used to sandpaper it!.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: Cab door runner wearing strip

Hi Brian,
have you given the thought of using hard wearing webbing like what is used on furniture,
Regards Den.

My bus number (if any): 2613

We've thought of most things,Denis but it has to be rigid and hard wearing, strips of that permafloor might work, but seems only sold in large sheets. It cannot be metal or harder than the door runner. These must have been changed on the RML refurb programme, and I doubt Ferobestos was used.

My RML has strip of ash.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

That's an idea Roy, did you fit it, or does it look like a refurb addition?

Dunnit myself, the original was some sort of fibre.

Initially the title got me wondering:

Cab door, runner wearing strip ?? something to do with the London Marathon?