ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Notice something different?

Leaving aside the obvious `missing bits` on heavily cannibalized RM 2029, there`s something unusual about it that I`ve only just noticed despite looking at this picture several times since I had it digitalised.
Anyone care to comment........?

I took this picture on December 31 1979 not in Willesden Garage as suggested on the bus, but in Stonebridge Park.

Re: Notice something different?

I would say the indicator units that are painted white..

My bus number (if any): rm158

Well Neil,

Apart from the offside trafficator it looks up to the normal standard of a Willesden bus!

Danny

I was going to say the number box is black out top and bottom restricting its size but looking at any other RM they are all like it!

Never noticed that before.

Only thing I can see is what has already been mentioned.

My bus number (if any): RML2344

So, a very rapid response noticing those trafficator mountings.
Next question has to be: Was this an official livery variation experiment or something done unofficially locally? Can`t find another picture of one like it and I don`t recall this being usual.

All indicator parts were stove enamelled red at Chiswick, and painted red at Aldenham on repaints. The white indicator mountings are a garage painter's error. On RMs the 4 hole fixing plate was the same colour as the band, on RTs the fixing casting was red.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and several RTs