ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
don't look now but....

Another Harry Potter triple decker has been created. This time out of RMLs. Go to Bay News 9 and search "knight bus". Its an Orlando news website showing distant pictures of the monstrosity. Anybody know the victims of the massacre?

My bus number (if any): rm531

Re: don't look now but....

Hi Steve , what a shame that at least one RML had to be butchered to make this very strange bus. The question is what Routemaster's were used to make the " Knightbus " version 4 . I've got some lovely pictures of the " Knightbus " at Leavesden studio's ,just outside Watford ,Hertfordshire. There were 2 Knightbuses made from 3 RT's the numbers were RT2240,3882 + 4497,the 1st version was the one on display at Leavesden is mainly RT4497 with the middle bit being one half of RT3882 ,this one is fully fit for the road. The 2nd Knightbus version is mainly RT2240 with the other bit of RT3882!and just has a mechanical platform to move it in a circle! ,this one is believed to be stored somewhere out of site at Leavesden. A shame RT3882 got cut in half ,but it does look stunning inside and out!. The only other Harry Potter bus I think was RM275 ,which had a vinal wrap around it to look like a triple decker.this ones servives in Preservatiopn with a Mr.C.Edmunds & Mr T.Linger,South London and back in red now with it's original plate back on it after having one of thoses horrible late Routemaster Re-Registrations.

My bus number (if any): None yet!!

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

This 'vehicle' is to be displayed or used at the new Universal Studios harry Potter "Diagon Alley' theme park which, as Steve says, is just on the outskirts of Orlando, FL.

I did a bit of hunting about and came up with some more photos

From this angle it looks like the original 'ears' are still fitted together with an original small round N/S mirror.

looks like it's already had a bash to the N/S rear corer panel below the emergency window.

Note lifting eyes fixed to roof to allow separation of 'upper floors' to the lower saloon.

My bus number (if any): RLH62

Ahhh now these are really interesting shots. From them we can see the following-
The middle section is new and not another sectioned RML. They are clearly not RM window pans. The quarter drops are larger than RM ones.

The mock RT style radiator.

The mock RT style front wing.

Certain areas of the fabricated body have a very ECW look about them...possibly VR or Lodekka parts used?

My bus number (if any): rm531

Steve Anderson
Ahhh now these are really interesting shots. From them we can see the following-
The middle section is new and not another sectioned RML. They are clearly not RM window pans. The quarter drops are larger than RM ones.

The mock RT style radiator.

The mock RT style front wing.

Certain areas of the fabricated body have a very ECW look about them...possibly VR or Lodekka parts used?

I would HOPE VR parts Steve as I wouldn't want to see any more Lodekkas scrapped and there is no shortage of VRs, a bus I DETESTED driving when they replaced our Kelvin Central Routemaster fleet in PVS Barnsley!!!

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, bus owned by Tom Ireland)

They're not VR/ECW parts used on that bus. I'd suggest the middle deck DOES use RM window pans looking at the way they're riveted in, even though the drop lights don't look right.

My bus number (if any): RML2532