ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wartime Routemasters ! ! !
Re: Wartime Routemasters ! ! !

Also the incorrect use of headlamps as we discussed elsewhere. There was a news clip on the other week of the real smog in the 1950s and virtually NO vehicle had headlights on, let alone fog lights. It simply wasn't done in those days.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

RT8 + RT8

The BBC News website is always full of errors regarding RT and RM type buses.

I remember during the last tube strike, when RTs were running on routes like the 25, the BBC showed a picture of a green RT, stating that it was in fact a Routemaster.

I sent them an e-mail pointing out the error. The word Routemaster was promptly replaced with the legend, 'double-decker.' Trust the BBC to dumb it down!

My bus number (if any): RML2561 (Well, at least the bits I managed to save!)