ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some rear ends

Shepherds Bush Garage Dec 1st 1979.
RMA 61, RT 1530 and RML 2689.

Re: Some rear ends

RMA 61 was the Shepherds Bush Aldenham staff bus, RT 1530 was in store having been a mechanical trainer. RT 1530 was to be stored here until April 1980, then six years at Turnham Green, then Dalston, Wandsworth, Hornchurch and finally Kingston before being the last RT sold by LT (by then LRT) in 1993 for preservation.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458, RM 1585 and loads of RTs

Just like Buzz Lightyear, unless it has moved again, RT 1530 is now in a toy collection where if it is lucky it will be played with until it breaks; then it will be forgotten.

Ah yes, that's where it is. I didn't see it at last visit, chocked full of RTs and RTLs from USA but then they do have a lot of barns around Essex.

Hi Brian , just a quick adendum the 9 RT's , 2 RTL's & until recently 2 RM's were from Prince Edward Island , Canada just over the US border! , It is a great shame that RT1530 is just sitting somewhere in Kent doing nothing, I hear that it is outside stored at the moment, which will do it no good at all,hopefully it will move to one of the many Essex barns sooner rather than later!! ,I have only seen RT1530 once and that was at A barn in Berkshire in 1995,I still havn't got any pictures of it .Lets hope hope RT1530 dosn't end up like RT1320 or RT1389 did ,neglected & unused, At least Mr Kelvin Platt saved RT1320 afew years back,it may be rebuilt by now hopefully

My bus number (if any): none yet!!

RT 1320 isn't RT 1320 but that's another story. It's far from being finished, other projects are taking precedence, including RTL 43.

Is someone restoring my RTL without me knowing? Last seen sitting next to my RTW

My bus number (if any): RTW 497 RTL 43

That of course should have read RTL 47.