ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemasters Wanted for CarFest

If you listen to Chris Evans on Radio 2 you will no doubt be aware that for the past few years he has organised CarFest to raise money for BBC Children in Need.

There are 2 CarFest events this year:

CarFest North at Oulton Park in Cheshire between 1st and 3rd August

CarFest South at Laverstoke Park in Hampshire between 22nd and 24th August

Over 50,000 people attended last year and both events are now fully sold out for 2014.

For more information please see their website: http://www.carfest.org/Content/Welcome-to-Carfest-2014

The organisers have contacted us as Chris Evans wants to include buses at both CarFests this year and they have asked if any RM owners would like to attend?

Ideally they would like 4 buses per day at each event.

Every vehicle will be given 2 entry tickets and there is overnight security should you wish to attend (and leave your bus on-site) for more than one day. The buses will be on static display although they may be asked to do a lap of the circuit at CarFest South.

They also have another (slightly strange) request…

They are looking for a Routemaster to attend both the North and South events that they could cover in Graffiti! This vehicle would be featured on TV as they have a well-known Graffiti artist that would spray the bus during the events?

I did explain to the organiser that I doubt anyone would be willing to put their bus through this, but thought I would mention it just incase anyone was willing?

I am co-ordinating this on behalf of the organisers so if you would like to take your bus along please get in touch, at this stage I only need to know what CarFest you can attend and the days you are available.

Please drop me an email to events@routemaster.org.uk

Many thanks

David Lee
Events Officer
Routemaster Association

My bus number (if any): RM765 and RM548

Re: Routemasters Wanted for CarFest

Sorry, this is nothing to do with buses but if anyone does go to Carfest they will get chance to see the wonderful Nell Bryden - a fantastic singer from New York City - www.nellbryden.com - Great!!!

My bus number (if any): RML2302