ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RML 2463

Noticed this at The Walthamstow Pumphouse Museum at the weekend. Looks like some refurbishment is happening to this bus, couldn't identify the one behind. A central line carriage is also in the picture. The museum is closed until further notice but there were people working inside.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

Re: RML 2463

The tube carriages in the photo are in fact 67 stock Victoria line. The one nearest the carriage has however been chopped in half. A real shame as it was never refurbed due to hitting the buffers at the depot many years back. The other carriage on site is apparently unique due to being the only one with a certain seating arrangement. Anyway back to buses..
The RML hiding from shot is in fact RML2460 (the last green one built of course.) The owner as i've mention a while back on this forum is doing a long term restoration on this vehicle. As no rush, plenty of Routemaster's on the road. Its a giant jigsaw having been sent to Barnsley and luckly many people/bus owners have been kind enough to offer numerous parts to return it back to the road. For those of you that are unaware of Peters intentions it is being restored to look like when new in service. A green AEC country bus. Personally, can't wait and i'm sure we all wish him well!

'All good things comes to those who wait..'

My bus number (if any): rm158