ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RML 2416 in Bournemouth

There has been some mention on the forum previously of RML 2416 which, having been converted to a pub bus, is frequently seen around Dorset, Hampshire and Sussex. Of all the non-preserved or passenger carrying Routemaster`s to be seen around, it`s probably one of the most high profile and public accessible. In its new guise it appears to be very popular and capable of attracting crowds when it attends big events such as the `Wheels` festival on Bournemouth sea front over this Bank Holiday weekend. It`s the first such here featuring monster trucks, classic cars, motorbike stunts etc and could turn out to be an annual event - and perhaps for the bus too. The bus can also be hired for corporate or private parties and could thus turn up anywhere in the area where Wave 105 radio broadcasts as they have an interest in promoting it.

Here are some pictures taken early this morning as the setting up for the days business was getting under way. The team there were busy but allowed me in to take pictures and gave permission for me to post them here. A bright, low sun was a bit of a challenge to deal with. I must have been the only person willing a cloud to park over the sun!

Re: RML 2416 in Bournemouth

I bought the seats from this for my RMC but didn't use them, so they are put to good use on an RM that returned from abroad without any seat frames.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458, RM 1585 and loads of RTs