ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil, Pressure and the meaning of life...

Following my previous post, I spent a little while doing further research, and meditating.
My conclusion is that the water in the oil is most likely due to ingress through filler/dipstick tube during the pressure hose down after gunking the engine clean. A theory backed up by the total absence of water related gunge anywhere! Relief.
The combination of a little knowledge, new guages and general pressure to perform had me in a spin. Without those 3 factors, I would have been blissfully unaware. Far better to be safe than sorry.
As for the oil pressure. Well, I was happier with a max and min of 40 and 20 rather than half that, but it still sounds and runs sweet. It's a possibility there is a fault with the guage as there is about a mile of coiled up capillary tube and it isnt fixed very securely. I'm less worried than I was but will still monitor closely, without stressing, and will change the oil for Morris s straight 30 when I get home....meaning of life? Don't worry, be happy!

My bus number (if any): 1842