ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glastonbury Bus Rally 2014

So far I have found two RMs and two RMLs at this year's event.

Recently re-roofed RM238 will be at RM60.

So will RM1842 which is parked near the John Peel Stage, picture to follow.

RML2559 had loads of people enjoying the sunshine on the raised roof top deck.

Can't remember the number of this RML which is another Glastonbury regular. Someone will know.

The rain starts later today.

My bus number (if any): RM238, 471 and 2213, GS17

Re: Glastonbury Bus Rally 2014

RM 238 looks so much better with a full roof Chris.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458, RM 1585 and loads of RTs

Chris Dobbing
So far I have found two RMs and two RMLs at this year\'s event.

Recently re-roofed RM238 will be at RM60.

So will RM1842 which is parked near the John Peel Stage, picture to follow.

RML2559 had loads of people enjoying the sunshine on the raised roof top deck.

Can\'t remember the number of this RML which is another Glastonbury regular. Someone will know.

The rain starts later today.

Amazing work on RM238's re-roof, who did the work for you Chris?
P.S. The RML at the bottom may be 2715.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, bus owned by Tom Ireland)

The roof on 238 does look good - a complete bus again - well done Chris - should make the top deck flooring last a lot longer !

P.S. what about the pair of second hand indicator ears on ebay 121363601098 going for £310 ! looks like a possible candidate for the Routemaster Association to remake the body section - even if simpler or injection moulded to look the same as there must be many tired/damaged pairs fitted to buses out there by now (unless there are any of the 100 from the Marshall refurbishment project still available ?)

My bus number (if any): RML2747

Sunset at Glastonbury

Much heavier rain than I can ever remember at Glastonbury. The lightning was pretty terrifying and everything stopped for about 45 minutes.Nice having a bus with a roof!

Dried up though and after watching Blondie spent a relaxing evening watching the sunset through 238's windows before The Selecter!

Thanks to Ian Rushby for the photo.

My bus number (if any): RM238, 471 and 2213, GS17

Re: Sunset at Glastonbury

ALSO......

Working to and from the site will be Bath Bus Company's RML2665 and RM1978.

Unsure of the workings tomorrow but will be working the station shuttle service on Monday.

Regards,
Tom.

My bus number (if any): RML2344