ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Moquette Offcuts wanted!!!

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone had any moquette offcuts (both original Routemaster style and other patterns)they would be willing to sell/donate to me?

If there is any reasonable size off cuts that aren't big enough to make a seat i'd love to get my hands on them for a sort of art project.

I am looking to use them as a sorta patchwork quilt, with a waterproof backing (I say 'I am' I actually mean the misses will make for me; I'm not allowed to touch her Sewing machine haha). I'm looking to use this as a ground sheet/large picnic blanket when I take my bus to events (bit late in the season i know so planning ahead for next year).

I look forward to any replies

My bus number (if any): RMF2771 (Formally RCN701)

Re: Moquette Offcuts wanted!!!

hi matt
will RT/RF ones do ive been selling off cuts at rallies if interested ill bring whats left to Finsbury park not sure whats left

My bus number (if any): RCL 2238,RM,RT,RF now sold

Hi simon,

Yeah any pattern will do as want to use a random mix

(Decided I'm never using this forum again via my ipad forum app, it keeps defaulting the forum I post to as roof not room)

Hi Matt

I can bring a piece of more modern, non-Routemaster moquette to RM60. Would a foot square be enough? I am cutting it off a new role that has had a sample cut already.

Rest of the roll for sale if anyone wants a bargain.

David

My bus number (if any): r

David,

any pattern, any size will do, (as long as the off cuts are not so tiny you can't stitch them together)

The more different patterns i have the better, doesn't have to straight cut either as i'll just fit it all together randomly!

My bus number (if any): RMF2771 (Formally RCN701)

I wouldn't mind a pice of that