ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM471 in Glasgow

I'd like to have a decent photo of RM471 in the blue & yellow livery used in Glasgow in the late 1980s and early 1990s to display at RM60 to show the history of the bus.

This one is a bit fuzzy.

Please email me (link below) if you can help.

Many thanks

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

Re: RM471 in Glasgow

Chris

If you email me off the forum, I have a good photo of RM471 when she first entered Kelvin Scottish service on Route 301 to Bridgeton via Easterhouse I can send to you in an attachment. I was actually the last Kelvin driver to drive 471 when she was withdrawn from service, driving her from Anderston Bus Station back to Stepps Depot.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, bus owned by Tom Ireland)

Graham if you click the blue email bit on Chris's post it automatically connects to his email - hope that helps ?

My bus number (if any): RML2747

I'm having trouble accessing other people's emails when I do that Graham, anyway Chris emailed me and the photo has been sent to him.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, bus owned by Tom Ireland)

RM471 in Glasgow

And here she is outside a pub in Renfrew Street, thanks Graham

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

Chris Dobbing
And here she is outside a pub in Renfrew Street, thanks Graham

RM471 is of course one of the lucky minority of Kelvin Routemasters to survive Chris, two are still in Scotland, RM606 at the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum, Lathalmond,Fife and RM910 at the Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust, Bridgeton which is preserved in Kelvin Scottish livery.