ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Notifying change of wheels and tyre sizes

Does anyone know the form I need to use to notify DVSA that I have changed the wheels and tyres on my RMs to 10 x 22.5? I got an advisory on a recent MOT because this had not been done. They also now give advisories if front tyres are more than 10 years old. (Mine aren't)

I can't find anything on their website.

Many thanks.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

Re: Notifying change of wheels and tyre sizes

It shouldn't be an advisory; they are the same size as 900x 20, just measured in foreign instead of English. If the VOSA man looked in his book he would see that.

VOSA currently have a fetish about tyres over 10 years old on buses after the A3 crash a couple of years ago; the other roy will be along soon with more info on that as we were discussing it the other day.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: Notifying change of wheels and tyre sizes

roythebus
It shouldn't be an advisory; they are the same size as 900x 20, just measured in foreign instead of English. If the VOSA man looked in his book he would see that.

VOSA currently have a fetish about tyres over 10 years old on buses after the A3 crash a couple of years ago; the other roy will be along soon with more info on that as we were discussing it the other day.

Linky here to form VTP5 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notification-of-an-alteration-to-a-public-service-vehicle-vtp-5

This states that replacements made on a like-for-like basis do not need to be notified. My opinion is that an R-whatever the size is tyre and wheel is a like-for-like replacement of the original fitment and is not notifiable on that basis.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Notifying change of wheels and tyre sizes

The tyre change should be notified on form VTP5. At test the examiner will otherwise have the old tyre type which may cause problems. You can notify the change in section 4 of the form. Give the new tyre type 10 R 22.5 and the load rating, in my case 140/137. The notification will normally accepted as a "non-inspect".

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 & 2213. GS17