ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Battery cover supports

After an absence of many months due to work commitments keeping me out of the country I'm trying to get RML2644 back up and running and ready for an MOT.

As part of this I need to replace the batteries which haven't been holding a charge for a long time now. Taking of the offside outer battery cover I noticed that corrosion has eaten away at least one of the lower supports that for the cover.

Does anyone know if these parts are available and where from? I seem to recall someone mentioning them in the past but none of my searches have turned up anything useful.

Thanks,
Brian

My bus number (if any): RML2644

Re: Battery cover supports

I'm sure Rob Duker had some made awhile back,Brian

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458, RM 1585 and loads of RTs

Great to hear from you! Loads of people have been asking me what you are going to do with RML2644! Rob Duker has the battery cover support brackets. I bought 2 YUASA SHD 627 bateries from Hereward Bus & Truck in Fengate, Peterborough for £104 + VAT each earlier this year.

I find these much better than the 4*6volt arrangement and use them in all my buses.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471. 2213 & GS17

Yep Brian , Rob's your man ! As Chris said life is easier with 2 batts , I've got 2 663's in RML2391 which have served well for quite a few years now .

Glad to hear your around again , perhaps 2644 will be going to showbus ?

Regards

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

The priority is keeping all 4 wheels turning (and stopping safely) longer term a repanel and repaint but that has to wait until funds become available.

I'm not sure about Showbus at the moment, if I'm free I'll try to be there.

My bus number (if any): RML2644