ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Searching for"Ball joint / side arm "

Dear all,

I'm searching for these parts for my Routemaster RML, I don't know the term you call it in English , maybe steering ball joint OR side arms ? I didn't find how to attach photo on this message. Please contact me by email.

I have to change quite urgently ,( driver side, so right side ) , 1 piece at exterior which is near the Wheel and 1 piece at interior .

Could you please suggest where can I find it?

Thank you very much.

Re: Searching for"Ball joint / side arm "

Christphe I've E mailed you. You need a side arm L1 -0218. They are not handed, same part on both sides. Don't know if Roy Gould has one or if Imperial do them. Hopefully Roy or the other Roy will tell us.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458, RM 1585 and loads of RTs

Re: Searching for\"Ball joint / side arm \"

Sorted I think I've got a used one on the shelf.

Re: Searching for\"Ball joint / side arm \"

Thank you Roy & Brian for your message. I've replied you by email.

Regards,
Chris

Side arm update

I understand from a telephone conversation that PSV Partsmaster (UK) Ltd has side arms or outer track rod (L1-2018) on the shelf.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and several RTs

Re: Side arm update

Yes, I was there the other day and he has some in stock, also rear bump stop cones, engine mounts, rear axle mounts and more.

My bus number (if any): RML2532