ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
347 Sunday, Uxbridge to Hemel

For the Hemel Hempstead Running day on Sunday, ive had to devise the route from Uxbridge to Hemel, given the Timetable and some maps as far as watford.

This is what it appears to be, but points on the timetable are very vauge and far apart

if anyone can help me with it

http://goo.gl/maps/1PHQd

suggestions or changes greatly welcomed

My bus number (if any): RML2323

Re: 347 Sunday, Uxbridge to Hemel

however the bit in watford, i know is a bus road, but google wont let me put it up there, i know that bit from doing the 142 back earlier in the year

My bus number (if any): RML2323

Darren
For the Hemel Hempstead Running day on Sunday, ive had to devise the route from Uxbridge to Hemel, given the Timetable and some maps as far as watford.

This is what it appears to be, but points on the timetable are very vauge and far apart

if anyone can help me with it

http://goo.gl/maps/1PHQd

suggestions or changes greatly welcomed

It's all spot on, except routing around Waterfields Way. The route should take the Lower High Street. Obviously the roads are different now, but the following matches the original route more accurately.
The 347 routed via Bushey Station, but changed over the years, so optional whether to go there. It may be best to miss it off as it will involve queueing in traffic.
It is also possible to pull into Watford Junction Bus Station in both directions, but may also add to delays with traffic at the exit in Woodford Road. Maybe leave it up to the driver to consider the traffic at the time?

Southbound:
At the end of Clarendon Road, turn left at the traffic lights into Beechen Grove and keep right for the bus lane.
Continue along Beechen Grove in the right hand lane and turn right at the second set of traffic lights into the Service Road (Water Lane / Service Road C)
At the end of Water Lane (50 yards - past the bus stops), turn left into Lower High Street towards Ring Road.
At the next set of traffic lights (30 yards) continue straight ahead through the Bus Only lane, past Watford High Street Station. Continue straight ahead.
After 0.5 miles continue straight ahead through the traffic lights. Keep in the left lane for Bushey.

Optional: At Bushey Arches, turn immediately right and proceed back through the arches, taking the next left turning towards Northwood Headquarters.
Or At Bushey Arches continue straight ahead and keep to the right hand lane, turning right at the next lights towards Harrow. Keep in the right hand lane, towards Watford. After turning right at the next lights, keep left past Bushey Station. Take the left turn at Bushey arches and then next left towards Northwood Headquarters.

Northbound:
After Bushey Arches, follow the road around Watford Arches Retail Park, keeping to the left hand lane. Pass under Watford Arches and then after the road turns to the right, back under Watford Arches. Immediately after passing the Nissan dealership, turn left at the traffic lights into the Bus and Taxi only lane into Lower High Street. Continue past Watford High Street Station and straight ahead at the traffic lights, through the Bus Only lane into the continuation of Lower High Street. Turn left at King Street at McDonalds.

As for times, my estimations through Watford:
Southbound:
Watford Junction 0 mins
Beechen Grove +2 mins
Watford High Street Station +4 mins
Bushey Arches +7 mins

Northbound:
Bushey Arches 0 mins
Watford High Street Station +4 mins
Lower High Street +5 mins
Exchange Road +7mins
Watford Junction +9mins

My bus number (if any): RT3316

Please note that Watford Junction & Hemel Hempstead railway bus stations will be closed this weekend due to engineering works on the West Coast mainline. Unfortunately there will be no access to either bus station for the duration of the works.

For your information the HCC note below refers:

All,

Due to major engineering works which is closing the Hertfordshire section of the West Coast Main Line over various periods in August starting this Saturday 9th August, London Midland have again announced that the bus interchanges at Watford Junction and Hemel Hempstead are to be used exclusively by their rail replacement services. Hence we will be setting up similar alternative arrangements as per the closures in May for local bus services that normally use these facilities. I am attaching our briefing note which gives more details.

We are doing all we can to ensure that bus operations run as smoothly as possible and that passengers are informed. We will have our Enforcement Team present over the weekends to provide guidance and assistance as required, and publicity notices will be going into both sites in the next day or so.

It is essential that you please take note of these arrangements and brief your drivers as necessary. Please also consider any additional measures you can take to help keep the local bus network running smoothly.