ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interiour adverts

Hi all,

I am looking for 1960's dimensions’ for SIDE interior adverts for RM's and RT's. Were these the same size?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Tom.

My bus number (if any): RML2344

Re: Interiour adverts

If you mean on the lighting panels Tom, then RT and RM ones were different size, the RM ones were taller. I don't have the exact size of the two types, but if you look at eBay under bus adverts you'll see the difference, there are RT and RM ones on there. EDIT RT ads are 66cm long by 22cm high. RM height is the distance of the lower saloon lighting panel from moulding to moulding.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458, RM 1585 and loads of RTs

Re: Interior adverts

RM interior adverts are 61cm by 28cm.

Re: Interior adverts

If this helps, as I can't put up a link to a picture, check out this auction item.

You'll see an RT advert, with the same RM version behind it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111428243049&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

My bus number (if any): RML 2561 (The bits I managed to save!)