ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Curved Herzal Strip at Lover's Seat

I was through in Edinburgh this morning driving Sam Phipps'RM875 out to the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum at Lathalmond for it's service, lovely bus and nice to drive. What I noticed on having a quick look upstairs before setting off was that like RM967, 875 is missing it's curved burgundy Herzal Strip at the Lover's Seat. Would Squirrel Preservation or anyone else be able to manufacture this as we are also looking to replace the missing strip at 967's offside bench seat as well? I know it is also referred to as Caravan Hosing.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, bus owned by Tom Ireland)

Re: Curved Herzal Strip at Lover's Seat

It's called Herzim Strip. Where does this fit, I could make some as I've got some in stock.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

roythebus
It's called Herzim Strip. Where does this fit, I could make some as I've got some in stock.

Hi Roy,meant to say nearside, it's the curved strip at the Lover's seat with the offside one at the top of the staircase.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver & Restoration Consultant, bus owned by Tom Ireland)

An awkward one to make as it curves in 2 directions. I'll check my stock and try to make one. The strip has to be heated to bend it on the "wide" bit before it can follow the curve round the corner.

roythebus
An awkward one to make as it curves in 2 directions. I'll check my stock and try to make one. The strip has to be heated to bend it on the "wide" bit before it can follow the curve round the corner.

Thanks Roy, I suspected it wouldn't be easy to make. I'll let Tom know and see if Sam is interested as well. We would also need short straight Herzim for the frame above the bulkhead panels at the offside bench seat.

I'll contact you again after speaking to Tom so a price can be arranged.

That aluminium strip moulding is jig drilled and has more screws in it than the flat painted moulding that replaced it. You are talking about the complete moulding and not just the maroon plastic insert aren't you Graham?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458, RM 1585 and loads of RTs

Just the maroon plastic insert we need Brian.

You said the HERZIM strip was missing!! All that has been advised to you is about the aluminium moulding, not the plastic lace Squirrel might have some as they produced the advert panels for the RML conversions.

RM 1585 and Consultant to consultants. :-)

For Info,
That maroon plastic insert strip can be bought from any decent caravan sales and repair place.
I bought some a while back, its not expensive either.
Regards

Rob

My bus number (if any): RM7

Hi Graham

You can order the rubber strip off COH Bains, I paid 27p per metre a couple of years ago their part number is 110 Maroon.

I also ordered a small tool which made inserting the rubber into the Herzim much easier.

http://www.coh-baines.co.uk

David

My bus number (if any): RM548 and RM765

Just as well the material hadn't been purchased and the jig set up to form and drill it then. But then the Restoration Consultant did get across the all-important issue that the price had to be 'arranged' first.

I've got loads of maroon insert in stock too.

Is it curved? :-)

Yep, like Ford Model T..... :)