ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemaster 60th Anniversary Celebration at Earls Court

Hello Everyone

Just when you thought the year of the bus celebrations were over, the Routemaster Association has been asked to let you know about this event, if anyone would like to attend (with your bus) please let me know and I will put you in contact with the organiser...

The Earl’s Court Society would like to invite you to participate at a special event at Earl’s Court on Tuesday 30 September 2014 to mark the 60th Anniversary of the first public appearance of the Routemaster during the 1954 Commercial Vehicle Show at the Exhibition Centre. This will be the first and final opportunity to parade the Routemaster Family in front of the iconic Exhibition frontage of 1937 before the Centre closes, with demolition commencing in the New Year.

We hope to have up to 12 Routemasters on the Warwick Road forecourt of the Exhibition Centre and we would be delighted if one or more vehicles from your organisation could be among them. Participating vehicles will be allowed direct access onto the site on arrival.

This will event will be combined with the Earl’s Court Society’s Late Summer Party, with a number of guests from the local area and/or with transport interests present.

There will be a RML Bar Bus and food available at the party, but we are also looking to secure discount meal vouchers from a local venue for Routemaster crews attending.

We would like vehicles to arrive at the Exhibition Centre between 1600 and 1700 before the party officially begins at 1800. This is scheduled to go on until 2000 with most vehicles dispersing by about 2030. If you would like overnight accommodation in the area, this can be arranged.

My bus number (if any): RM548 and RM765

Re: Routemaster 60th Anniversary Celebration at Earls Court

can memebers of the public like my self trun up and get pics please

james
can memebers of the public like my self trun up and get pics please

Yes James, the event will be open to the public.

My bus number (if any): RM548 and RM765

Hi Dave

I would be very interested in participating in this event and would appreciate being put in contact with the organisers.

Thanks

Gary

My bus number (if any): RML2364

Ta David I be there