ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gearbox - NEED URGENT HELP

Hello, my bus is in Prague at the moment, it broke down on the motorway last night. I need urgently to speak to a mechanic, who could help me over the phone to detect the fault. Anyone please?

Thank you

Ben

My bus number (if any): RM1013

Re: Gearbox - NEED URGENT HELP

078 9999 0638 if that's any help, remember calls to my mobile from abroad are expensive to receive, so a brief detail of what the problem is on here would help.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Looking back this is the same bus (1013) with 'blinkers on the blink' a while ago. That had earth return faults IIRC?

It's so urgent that he hasn't replied to my message or phoned!

So, with blinkers on the blink with earth return faults, it's probably safe to assume it's had 2-gear selection and has probably biggered the gearbox! Caused by earth return. Sounds expensive.

No word from the OP about the problem. Why do we bother replying to these posts when people don't have the decency to say it's fixed?

Probably in a state of panic by the side of the motorway contacting anybody who he thought could help ? I agree it would be polite to reply to anyone who offered to respond.

My bus number (if any): RML2747

I was checking old posts about this bus like Roy, and apart from the recent indicator wiring problem they had found a wiring problem about a year ago. Perhaps this wiring problem caught up with the bus eventually.

My bus number (if any): RLH62