ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Birthday RM 1

In the week when the sixtieth anniversary of RM 1 first being exhibited in public has been widely recorded in the media, it seems only fitting for it to be on this forum too..........

Here it is in Mortlake Garage on May 29th 1982 after we had spent many hours getting it ready for the North Weald Rally the following day. Can`t help thinking it looks rather good.......

Re: Happy Birthday RM 1

Hi Neil , as allways a superb period 80's shot of the much missed Morlake garage ,as an aside neil how is your superb Mortlake Showbus ,I last saw it in 2012 at where you keep it along with all the other elusive Ex LT buses!!!

My bus number (if any): none yet!!!!

Thanks Jim

Not much to report regarding RM 1563. Still slowly working my way through the interior to rid years of dirt and damp ingress whilst unused in storage. Top deck done and looks good. Lower deck not done and looks awful!
Getting there slowly as limited time allows...........

Happy days Neil, Happy days

The first time I saw RMs 1 & 2 was at Mortlake, I think 1980 or 81.

Probably the only place where they did not stand out when parked up.
It was almost impossible to notice them in there as every bus in M was pristine.

Yes, great memories from that period.