ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Transfers

Does anyone know where I can obtain bonnet transfers and RM numbers for the bonnet as it's been re sprayed,
also rexin material or paint.

Thanks

Gray

My bus number (if any): RM 2033 & 121

Re: Transfers

Simon at Squirrel Preservation does transfers copied from the originals; I stock rexine and paint you'll have to get from a paint supplier. there's enough threads on here about paint.

My bus number (if any): GS67 RML2532

Which Graham are you out of interest as there are a few of us on here ?

My bus number (if any): RML2747

Hi
Didn't know it was such a popular name in the bus world, my surname is quite the opposite ( Branch )
Thanks to Roythebus for the answer to the transfer and rexin question

I notice the fella who steers the elephant in the T.V. ads is also called Graham I was kinda worried until the little kid said "You're so cool Graham".
I wonder are we some sort of elite group or as I have been described "strange" for enjoying spending a small fortune and lots of time on our hobby.

Graham Smith[one of the many]
I think there should be a count of the amount of Roy's on this site.

My bus number (if any): RML2478

Two of us as far as I know...

Graham
I notice the fella who steers the elephant in the T.V. ads is also called Graham I was kinda worried until the little kid said "You're so cool Graham".
I wonder are we some sort of elite group or as I have been described "strange" for enjoying spending a small fortune and lots of time on our hobby.

Graham Smith[one of the many]
I think there should be a count of the amount of Roy's on this site.

My parents chose my christian name because for some reason they wished me to have a name which could not be shortened. So now I find that some people decide to lengthen it into Royston (which it isn't).AFAIK it is not a particularly common name, certainly south of the border; I went through my school years never coming across another namesake. I got a surprise many years ago when starting work at a different company to find that there were five of us Roys! and as the new boy I was asked whether I would mind using my middle name, but in the end this never came about. To this day the only other Roy I know or have come across is roythebus and of course Cropper, Orbison, Hodgson and Hattersley.

Roy of the Rovers?

Now then , Roythebus, I'm not one to have a guess at one's age but even I can remember the hight and year of Roy of the Rovers career in the comic Tiger.
Needless to say LT was a good start for me in the bus industry waaaay back in in 1969 and feel privileged to not only passing my PSV diving test but also the hair raising skid pan at Chiswick Works, Happy memories at Riverside & Turnham Green bus Garages.