ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RML fan belt

We need a new fan belt for our Iveco Routemaster at Renown Transport Service RML 2324.Could anybody help with part numbers or where we can obtain one from.

My bus number (if any): RML 2324

Re: RML fan belt

I have sent two sets with a courier this evening for 2324.

Regards

Dave

Good of you but what's the part number, it's something I've been asked a few times!

There's a few different types on Ivecos, including a very wide triple belt set-up!

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Dave we have received the belts they are fitted and working well, thank you
Andy

My bus number (if any): RML 2324

Hi all

I would just like to report back and indeed warn other helpful people on this forum as to the way I have been treated by the Renown Group who requested help in sourcing drive belts for the Iveco rml they operate.

I sent out the belts asap as I understand the need for a quick response to return the vehicle to service. On sending my invoice in November 2014 no payment has been made despite the promise of immediate settlement of the invoice and now the eighth phone call has been made to them requesting the small amount outstanding to be paid which was met with another 'oh I don't know why this hasn't been paid I can assure you it will be paid today' phone call............ guess what no payment again............

I always try to help fellow owners if I can but this is just a joke so I thought I would post to warn anyone thinking of helping them out in the future as you will be left for months without any payment and very unhelpful accounts staff.

Happens frequently these days with all types of businesses, successive governments have failed to introduce legislation to stop excessive late payments of invoices. Especially important for small businesses that need a good cashflow.

RML fan belt Terms and conditions

years ago I found I was waiting up to 180 days to get paid and it was crippling. And almost always by big companies with the same excuses as now. It is quite deliberate and a culture more than a necessity.

So I was shown a simple task that changed things overnight. Charge interest.
It was made legal to do so in the late 1980s.

All you have to do is put it in your terms and conditions on your first invoice. I now charge 12% after 30 days and 30% after 60 days.

Ever since, I have never had to wait more than 28 days and only twice have I had it go over 30 days and they paid the interest!

Most companies now do this so it is not irregular. In fact the Inland Revenue charge interest on late payment even if you are one day late!

Re: RML fan belt Terms and conditions

Maybe the answer is to ask for payment upfront. If they don't like it..tuff.they either need the goods or they don't.

My bus number (if any): 1083

I've done bits for that firm and not had a problem with payment. On the other hand I once issued a County Court summons against first Group for non=payment of an invoice. Their MD was most apologetic.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

The chap who orders the bits is often unaware that the accounts department delay payment until he wants to order some more bits and finds the account on stop. Sadly it appears that one of the admired merits of financial people is the length of time they can hold to cash before parting with it no matter how small, irrespective of the damage it causes to the supplier customer relationship.

My bus number (if any): RML2747