ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Original Nearside Foglamp

Does anyone have to hand the model number for the Lucas/CAV Nearside fog/Spot lamp and it's diameter?

I found a supplier today who produces the original spec SLR700 7" base version which has an identical mounting.

This is the 12v all chrome version but looks physically identical to the RM original.

Not having an original to hand, I can't be sure it has the same dimensions or indeed if it is the same type.

Lucas/CAV 700 headlights are the same in 12v and 24v.

Re: Original Nearside Foglamp

Lucas 700 headlights may look the same, but(RM)24volt ones are for insulated return and are most definitely different to the 12 volt version. I have not been able to find a supplier.

Ray Trigg (Trigg parts on Ebay) sometimes has the odd one at the rally's he attends.

My bus number (if any): RML2747

Supplier may be interested in producing a black /chrome version to the 24V spec.

It's whether the one being produced is to the same dimensions or whether it is larger.

I've got the LT part number and the original Lucas part number but Lucas CAV changed part numbers not once but twice between 1962 and 1970.

If not I shall pop down to my neared original spec RM and measure everything.

Is this the right lamp?
What dimensions do you need?

Rob

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30266527@N02/8369257495/in/set-72157632323124062/

My bus number (if any): RM13

Make sure it is insulated return; I fitted a new single pole lamp to RFW14 and it caused all sorts of funny electrical feeds.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Wirings the easy bit it .
Even a 12V Lucas 700 can be converted to 24V and wired accordingly

What is the same is the body bezel, lens and mointing.

Thanks for all the input, I'll follow it up during next week.

Mark