ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deleting posts

Thank you SO MUCH for deleting large chunks of a post. This is not the first time this has happened. If there is abusive content then I have no objection, but there wasn't.

It takes a long time to write some contributions; particularly when describing a technical issue.This take up time out of a working day. Unlike many who are reading during their employer's time, this is my time and in many instances it could be better used for my own financial benefit.

I shall no longer be contributing as a result of this action unless I see it to be in my own interest. I shall remain read only.

Goodbye.

Re: Deleting posts

Roy
Please reconsider. I fully understand your concern, but there was no technical issue in the posts deleted. The posts deleted had nothing to do with gearboxes and the seals issue for which I am very grateful for your advice.

I am among many on here who value your input and advice and would ask you kindly to reconsider.

Just an update on the seals, we can't go and do the bus this week now as the seals haven't arrived from the UK despite supposedly being on 48 hour post.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458, RM 1585 and many RTs

I have to say I am also disappointed at the deletion of so much of the posts.

There were certainly a few which needed addressing and probably deleting .

But the debate was starting to reveal differing points of view and possibly ways to resolve them that would be amicable and beneficial to more than just the odd individual.

Clearly time and effort went into several contributions as well as thought. And yes, the tone in a few entries was not respectful and rather condescending and that individual ought to have an apology at least offline.

I would ask that Chris reposts the debate which I believe can lead to better things all round and just deletes those entries which became heated and personal.

We have all seen in, of all places, France, what some who don't like what they read or see will do.
Freedom to discuss is the core of a free society.
It does mean that people will differ in opinion sometimes passionately. That to me is OK and better than those who sit on the fence and say nothing.

I do expect politeness, courtesy and moderation if things become too personal or nasty.
But this was isolated to a few entries and those individuals should be moderated and advised to either apologise or refrain from posting.

Trying to be constructive without being critical is difficult. when I met roy at my place today he told me of his decision and I tend to agree with him.

Maybe Chris should have moved the posts irrelevant to the main topic to a new post dealing with VAT matters which I suggested a few days ago. On that note, maybe something for ROOMA to consider which roy mentioned this morning is that with ROOMA getting vat registration, buy large items at the end of the vat quarter, then reclaim it almost immediately, that way 20% of the purchase price comes back into ROOMA coffers straight away and releases capital for further use.

I don't know if my company is currently a member of ROOMA, I've asked the appropriate persons for confirmation and never received a reply.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Disappointing indeed as the posts were not abusive in the manner of attacking an individual, bit simply an attempt to correct what some see as wrong.

More disappointing is the part of the post that initially angered me into responding. The, some may say snide, cuddly toy remark hasn't been deleted.

My bus number (if any): M1001, RML2276, T806

I noticed my posts go too

Is that any wonder !

What's that meant to mean Norman ?