ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ensign 32 - Sunday 5th December 2004

I tried to find these pictures at the end of last year so I could post them on the 10th anniversary of Ensign 32, also known as the Ensign Raffle.

Anyway I came across them this morning and hope they will stir some memories.

Some contributors will recognise themselves!

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 & 2213. GS17

Re: Ensign 32 - Sunday 5th December 2004

10 years have passed cor where dose the time pass

Hello Chris

Cant see me or my wife but my bus is third from the left in the top picture

My bus number (if any): M1001, RML2276, T806

I am wrong. She is midway-ish on the second picture.

What has happened to the edit my post facility?

Would be interesting to know if the buyers still have them and where they all are now .
mark

I still have mine Mark and she still lives here in Northallerton, North Yorkshire. I will always be indebted to the Newman family for helping me realise a lifelong ambition.

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Unfortunately I was forced to sell mine (RML2271) over three and a half years ago Mark but still had over six years enjoyment from driving her and taking her to rallies, the furthest being the Manchester Bus Museum London Day in 2010 when my friend who is a former Tottenham driver and I took her all the way from Ayrshire where I had her garaged. RML2271 is currently owned by David Cooper and is one of three Routemasters in his 'A Route 2 Hire' fleet.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver/Restoration consultant)

I can vividly remember being in the queue with Graham to collect our registration documents from Steve and afterwards sharing the excitement of new ownership with Dr Chris and wife Sue who came on board 2302 - what a GREAT day!!!!

Hello Brian and anyone else who had or has a raffle bus, can you please email me an on the day or recent picture of your bus please and any details you are happy to have published (restoration details, repairs, events etc). I am doing a somewhat late, 10th anniversary report for the association magazine.

This picture has mid ground, me, Hanna and my mum chatting to a gentleman but I cannot remember who he was!

Hi David - will do (I'm retiring on 2 March so SHOULD have a lot more time!). The young chap walking away from the camera in the photo (in the lime green jacket) is my nephew Robert)

Brian Jennings
I can vividly remember being in the queue with Graham to collect our registration documents from Steve and afterwards sharing the excitement of new ownership with Dr Chris and wife Sue who came on board 2302 - what a GREAT day!!!!

When I drew 2271 from the hat Brian, I couldn't keep the smile of my face, a Hopper-windowed bus with burgundy platform. I also remember saying to my friend who with his young son had travelled down with me, "I hope to God I don't draw RML2400, look at the size of the dent on the N/S side of the rear roof-dome". Kelvin Platt went onto do a fantastic restoration job on 2400 as well as his other two, 2512 & Kentish Bus 2514 which he let me drive on two occasions and was the best of the three Ivecos I've driven.

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver/Restoration consultant)

Hello David

It was me, I remember us having a discussion about electrical things amid the excitement of the day.