ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
window rubber

After the recent thread that was partially deleted and locked, I contacted Baines to verify which window rubber they stock for the Routemaster. After several attempts, several messages, and a few catalogues later, Baines confirmed that they do not supply any rubbers specifically for the Routemaster.

So if anyone knows of any rubbers that are available from Baines, can they let the rest of us know which code or reference number it is from the Baines catalogue ?

Many thanks

Andrew

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Re: window rubber

I bought some from there not so long ago. It also fits RFW cab side, RT cab side and the 1939 Weymann Bristol K5G I'm restoring. I can't remember the number but will have a look in their catalogue or the label on the new roll I've got.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

The only Routemaster rubber that I buy from Baines is the rubber that goes around the Drivers opening windows, and the emergency window.

Also the window rubber and lace for the window in the cab, just in front of the cab door, this is also ok for the destination glass around the bus
Any other rubber, ie Routemaster window rubber, Cab door seal, Cab floor seal, and drop glass sealing strip all come from the Association.

Regards

Rob

My bus number (if any): RM7

Baines part no. IRS0489.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Not a window rubber but maybe worth mentioning for future reference is the Herzim Strip rubber insert from COH Bains, the part number for this is - 110 Maroon.

David

My bus number (if any): RM765, RM548 and RM1783