ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TBP Vehicles

Hi all
I have come across several articles about this company from Birmingham (now defunct?) that refurbed RM's in the early 90's. Does anyone have any details of Buses refurbed there and what quantity ? They did a lot of interior lighting replacements ?
Thanks, Andy

Re: TBP Vehicles

All 22 of the BTS RML's were refurbished at TBP but I understand that they carried out all the 'B' frame work for all the buses which were refurbished.

My bus number (if any): RM 912

Thanks for that. I guess they were the ones that were 'Poppy Red' on the 13's? Wasn't BTS absorbed in to Sovereign ?

BTS was bought by Blazefield Holdings and was subsequently re-named London Sovereign

My bus number (if any): RM 912

I recorded all the RMLs as they were refurbished in 1992-1994 and produced a couple of articles on the refurbishment programme.

In total, TBP completed 220 RMLs.

If you send me a message, I will see how I can help.

Andrew

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Andrew
I will do that.
Thanks to you all for the replies.

Andy