ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Track Rod End Needed

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement track rod end?

Imperial no longer do them.

Thanks in advance.

David

My bus number (if any): RM's 765, 548 and 1783

Re: Track Rod End Needed

Why do you need a new one, is yours broken? If it's excess play in the joint, it can be adjusted. They're the same as RT/RF. I have some spare ball joints in stock if that's any help.

My bus number (if any): RML2532,GS67,MLL721,MLL738 and an RT.

Thanks Roy

It's not broken, but on a recent SI it was reported as having excess play. I will see if I can adjust it and if I do need new ball joints I will let you know.

Thanks again.

David

My bus number (if any): RM's 765, 548 and 1783

roythebus
Why do you need a new one, is yours broken? If it's excess play in the joint, it can be adjusted. They're the same as RT/RF. I have some spare ball joints in stock if that's any help.

On a similar note, in the wants section, I needed a steering actuator ball joint and socket AEC 3070 M73 Can these also be adjusted? Given these are power assisted I doubt any RT parts are the same, but can anyone confirm that?
Imperial don't seem to do much in the steering area at all do they?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1486 and several RTs

The ball joint in the rear of the RM steering ram can be adjusted; remove the split pin or pop rivet preventing the adjuster from turning, adjust the adjuster, replace pop river or split pin. There is supposed to be end play in the front steering ram ball joint as this allows movement for the valves inside the ram.

My bus number (if any): RML2532,GS67,MLL721,MLL738 and an RT.

Thanks Roy.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1486 and several RTs

Hi David
We have plenty of RM ball joint kits and complete ball joint ends in stock at LB4H Engineering, Usk.

Give Tim B a call and he will sort it for you.

Regards

Martin

My bus number (if any): Redroutemaster / London Bus for Hire Fleet