ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blinking blinkers, or rather not....

Flushed with success in finding indicator lens (thanks all who got in touch) I set to and made one good wiper motor from two, in time for MoT appointment . Imagine my surprise and horror that the indicators failed on the way, aaargh!and I'm now 60 miles from home. Several hours of randomly poking about later, no joy so am desperately calling on the Roof community to help me out again. What confuses me is that it was sudden and appears to be no power at switch, which otherwise looks OK :-(

My bus number (if any): 1842

Re: Blinking blinkers, or rather not....

Ian Rushby
Flushed with success in finding indicator lens (thanks all who got in touch) I set to and made one good wiper motor from two, in time for MoT appointment . Imagine my surprise and horror that the indicators failed on the way, aaargh!and I'm now 60 miles from home. Several hours of randomly poking about later, no joy so am desperately calling on the Roof community to help me out again. What confuses me is that it was sudden and appears to be no power at switch, which otherwise looks OK :-(

Checked the fuse?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1486 and several RTs

The amazing Sir Timothy Barrington talked me through the fix :-)

My bus number (if any): 1842

Well done Ian. See you at Glastonbury on Tuesday. It would be nice if the fix could be posted on here?

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 & 2213. GS17

More like well done to Sir Timothy Barrington
Lol
Martin

My bus number (if any): Redroutemaster / London Bus for Hire Fleet

Would be interesting to hear how the amazing Sir Timothy Barrington (wot a nice helpful and very knowledgeable young chap) cured the problem - was it anything to do with the ancient corroded terminal block under the stairs?

My bus number (if any): RML2302