ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rear stop/ind lamp 758/759 model

hi , would anybody have one of these lamps for sale ?

My bus number (if any): JJD384D

Re: rear stop/ind lamp 758/759 model

Do you just need the lenses or the complete item? I have new lenses in stock, around 328 each from memory.

one complete - base has corroded away , if possible , cheers

Do you just need the lamp base or are the lens salvageable? I have used lens and bases, but would have to post from France so cost a bit more than from the UK

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1486 and several RTs

a serviceable base would be just the ticket ! if you could work out a costing and get this organised ?

OK I'll look at what I have and E mail you.
You have to be careful with the lens as BMAC used the same mould for different colours, According to BMAC's drawings the bottom red stop/tail lens part number should be 753/2 The top amber lens should be 753/1.but the LT fitted ones don't have those numbers as BMAC didn't want to create a new mould just for the LT lamps, and used the 758 and 759 moulds using different colours! There are many variants of these fitted to many types of bus!

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1486 and several RTs

red lens E11 6290
yellow lens E11 7322
numbers on lenses

neil talbot
red lens E11 6290
yellow lens E11 7322
numbers on lenses

That's not what they are stocked as or is on the drawings. BMAC made a right mess of the part numbers of these, using the moulds they had for other colours for both the red and amber lens, the part number is moulded into the lens.

From BMAC Sales "We had two moulds to produce the four parts as parts 753/1 & 758/1E are the same size just different colours and the same applies to parts 753/2 & 759/3E. The moulds are marked up with the original part numbers as per your pictures (this is where the confusion is, but we didn’t want the expense at the time to create another set of moulds) but the parts you want are different colours!!

I have listed below exactly what the colours are and you should be ordering the 753 lenses.
753/1 – Routemaster Indicator Lens Amber
753/2 – Routemaster Stop/tail Lens Red
758/1E – Clear Lens – Clear
759/3E – Direction Indicator Lens – Amber

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1485 and several RTs

a lamp base is the main thing , can re-use the lenses
regards

neil talbot
a lamp base is the main thing , can re-use the lenses
regards

I'll look at the lamps I have this afternoon and E Mail you.

much obliged !

Sent you an E mail, I have one good one left.

Neil if you require a spare or your deal with Brian falls through i have a complete brand new one for sale.

If anyone else is interested I also have loads of other brand new old stock/used BMAC lights for various buses inc leyland olympian/metrobus, bristol vr etc etc

My bus number (if any): 1033