ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ali moulding

hi all , could anybody point me in the right direction to source a length of aluminium moulding - the one that goes all the way along the side above the panels above the lower deck windows ?

My bus number (if any): JJD384D

Re: ali moulding

neil talbot
hi all , could anybody point me in the right direction to source a length of aluminium moulding - the one that goes all the way along the side above the panels above the lower deck windows ?

you could try PVS at Barnsley, or contact Robe Duker, he might know of a stockist.

Unlike RT half round moulding, it was rarely replaced on RMs

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1485 and several RTs

I've got some odd lengths in stock, how long do you want them?

Do you mean the moulding on the interior or exterior?

If it's the interior one, which I'm guessing you want, It's alloy with a plastic/ rubber beading insert, known as Herzim strip.

It's only fitted to Routemasters up to 1964 and not found in late RMs or the main production RMLs.

They have a standard alloy strip which was painted as part of the ceiling.

Only the early pre production batch of RMLs had the polished alloy strip.

As he has an RML Jack, and mentioned above the panels I assumed he was talking about the exterior half round moulding. If it is the exterior, the holes and lengths are pre-cut and drilled.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1485 and several RTs

it is the exterior one - about 4 or 5 ft would do the jobs , or longer if needs be

Ah Yes. Stand corrected. Still hope the interior details are of use to someone. J.

hello roythebus , did you have any of these ali trim/profiles ?