ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pimm`s Routemaster

One of the two Pimm`s Routemasters has been in the centre of Bournemouth to coincide with the four day Air Festival which ended today.

RML 2559 has been converted to become a bar/servery on the lower deck and a hospitality area on the upper deck - which now has an opening roof.

I arrived this morning as staff were starting to make the bus ready for another day of business and was allowed to take pictures inside and out.

The roof quickly lifts up by hydraulic struts to provide plenty of head room - once in-between the strength bars at either end.

It`s a nice conversion with a well equipped bar/servery which customers wouldn`t normally see as their point of contact is via the near side windows.
The overall appearance is smart and clean enhanced by `outdoor furniture` to create a seating area for customers. It wasn`t a great surprise to hear staff say `it turns heads wherever it goes` and `even people who don`t want a Pimm`s like to come and have a closer look`. Very true, I did! It never actually occurred to me to ask what Pimm`s is as I`ve never tried it! And after a very wet start to the morning, the sun came out so the roof was raised and the deck chairs were put out ready for another day.