ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Running Day on H15 in November...

I understand that this has been cancelled. Any idea why ? Thanks.

Re: Running Day on H15 in November...

I hear on the Grapevine that the much predicted (and denied) view that the overhaul and retention of the Heritage service is now to be reduced and rendered unviable.

There is a consultation of sorts to reduce the service further and render it a waste of time.

It will be the end of RM operation and it is hoped to be done quietly.

I'm sure several regular contributors know far more than I do being somewhat distant from the UK.

Anything to do with a certain Mr H's departure from tfl - ie new broom coming in ?

My bus number (if any): RML 2747

How can this be when stagecoach retained the contract for 5 years and the first one is being done up at hants and dorest

Anyone from tfl can confirm this ?

My bus number (if any): LT60 and rm1562

Good morning,

I think Jacks response is mere hearsay. Stagecoach London have indeed retained the contract for a further 5 years and the refresh of the fleet has commenced at Hants & Dorset Trim.

I would suspect that the running day has been cancelled due to other factors.

cheers

Andy