ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Going out today?

I'm off out in GS67 today on a wedding job from Knowlton
Court near Canterbury to Brook, near Ashford and back. Time to see how the bus handles with a new set of Chinese made 750x20 tyres!

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: Going out today?

Certainly countryside for which the GS is well suited. Not far from home either eh?

Re: Going out today?

No, but a round trip of 168km! The bus handles very well on the new tyres, 750x20 cross-plus from China.

It was an interesting wedding from Knowlton Hall near Canterbury to Brook, near Ashford. Looked around for the wedding car after the ceremony, there wasn't one. Next thing the happy couple left in a scruffy discovery. Two minutes later a helicopter took off from a nearby field. A wedding car with a difference. It turned out it belongs to the bride's father...

My bus number (if any): RML2532