ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Working abroad again.

RM1801 with Scania Engine, still in good serviceable condition with Hans Kernecker in Perg, Austria, registration PE-BIm-1. His trade name is Mr.Bim, a noted local pianist. He also has a Vienna tram mounted on an MAN lorry chassis!

RML2693 with Lukas Volkerer in Vienna, off the road for a while but just done a service, checked the brakes and gearbox, now working ok. It has an Iveco engine, was gutless, but a new bolt on the throttle linkage sorted that out! Ex AF, now used as a promotional bus.

Next week's job is a service on the RM in Luxembourg, having tried to get a dead Lodekka working in Feldkirchen, Austria.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: Working abroad again.

2693 is a ex 11 bus based at red arrow i conducted it in my youth

2693 carries the AF garage code since it came out of service.

I remember RML2465 (Ex-Shepherds Bush Iveco) was also a gutless wonder when I drove it at first, was so slow it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. I don't know if it was the adjustment of the fuel pump or a new bolt on the throttle linkage that eventually improved that bus's engine performance Roy?

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver/Restoration consultant)

There was indeed a bolt through the linkage, but that had worn out too, so we drilled out the fork end and put a slightly thicker bolt in! I also shortened the rod so that the arm opens fully.

It seems that a lot of fitters fail to understand the laws of linkages when it comes to getting maximum travel on a fuel pump lever. Quite how it will run now is unknown as it's still on stands waiting for more parts. It was pretty gutless last time I drove it in Austria, that was when the flywheel overheated in a very pretty mountain village and dropped 25litres of very hot ATF on the road! I had to change the flywheel in situ fairly late at night, then change the gearbox the following day at a local workshop. It was a very hot week and the journey from my place in Belgium had taken over 10 hours due to a serious RTA in which a tanker caught fire somewhere in Germany.

She got moved to af after a period at q after she left sw before this she was at ra

2465 was a ex ra bus as well heap she was