ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
10 Years on- Picture link

It does not seem like 10 years since the last battered and weary RMLs trundled one by one into their last LT garage amid huge crowds.
The whole route was lined with onlookers as the hour drew near, even schools lined pupils along the pavement.

That foggy morning evolved into a bright sunny afternoon as the last few RMs terminated at the garage, with just one running on almost unnoticed to the end of the route as the official last bus was met with a crowd normally reserved for Royal Weddings.

So 10 years on, the Routemaster is still alive in pastures new, as private hire, as workhorses, as restoration projects, as preserved show buses, as publicity vehicles, as restoration projects and as family members. Oh, and a few, too few still work the streets of London as…. service buses.

Below is a link to the Sunday Express website. A gallery is up with some pictures from December 2005 and some from yesterday at the Ace Cafe, just 1/2 a mile from where Park Royal Vehicles once stood.

Apologies for the awful cropping, an auto constraint by inadequate internet software.

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/galleries/3822/Remembering-London-routemaster-bus-anniversary-in-pictures

Re: 10 Years on- Picture link

Hi Mark , what lovely pics from ten years ago and the ones from Saturday Mark

Regards Jim

A very enjoyable mix of pictures, any chance they can be posted uncropped please? Nice to see a few faces and not just buses.
Where though, have 10 years gone? Does not seem like that long at all.

A lot of PRV workers used to frequent the old Ace Cafe, quite a few used motor bikes and it is very close to the old factory so what an inspired choice of venue.

With thanks to Mark for the use of his photographs, we have uploaded some photographs from last Saturday's 159 Road Run to the Routemaster Association website.

To view them, please see http://www.routemaster.org.uk/galleries/official/

Also, and I hope Chris will not mind, if I can take this opportunity to request any hi-resolution photographs from the event that we could use in the forthcoming Routemaster Magazine. Many thanks in advance.

Seasons Greetings

Andrew

My bus number (if any): RM1368

First time I've seen the Association website in years.
Nice do like the galleries.

Many thanks to all.