ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemaster gathering 2016

London bus museum with support from routemaster assocition are organising a Routemaster day at Brooklands on June 26th
The theme is routemasters but we are also celebrating 30 years since deregulation
were the routemaster operated with provincial and Scottish companies
if you own one the routemasters that operated with Southend Reading Blackpool
Etc or Clydeside we would love to see on the say
Let have a De - Reg get together

Re: Routemaster gathering 2016

"The theme is routemasters but we are also celebrating 30 years since deregulation"
"Celebrating" or commemorating??

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and several RTs

Brian, I would be pleased to have a friendly chat with you over a pint of beer or glass of wine on the merits or otherwise of de-regulation of bus services 30 years ago and the current plans for allowing local agencies to re-regulate them! Such a discussion would involve expressing feelings about National and Local Government Policy and would not be appropriate on this forum!

Unfortunately I will not be able to bring ex-Kelvin Scottish RM471 to the gathering but this is not due to any feelings I may or may not have about celebrating or commemorating the event.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 and 2213, GS17

Chris Dobbing
Brian, I would be pleased to have a friendly chat with you over a pint of beer or glass of wine on the merits or otherwise of de-regulation of bus services 30 years ago and the current plans for allowing local agencies to re-regulate them! Such a discussion would involve expressing feelings about National and Local Government Policy and would not be appropriate on this forum!

Unfortunately I will not be able to bring ex-Kelvin Scottish RM471 to the gathering but this is not due to any feelings I may or may not have about celebrating or commemorating the event.

Just querying "celebrating" Chris, a bit like when UK Government decided to "celebrate" the start of WW1,then chose to "commemorate" it after some outcry! But point taken, it's veering towards political feelings.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and several RTs

Which ever way you look at it many of the routemasters involved in dereg have survived they might not of done
we would like a display of any routemasters who was involved in deregulation
Plus any other routemaster on June 26th

Hi Graham,

Not sure I'll be able to make this one as I'll be on holiday. Having said that, there is a similar event taking place in Glasgow at the Vintage Vehicle Trust on 8th & 9th of October to coincide with their open weekend that I will be attending in my bus to mark 30 years since deregulation there, my bus being a part of that many years ago with Clydeside Scottish. If anyone fancies joining me, let me know.

Adam.

My bus number (if any): RM2208

RM44 should be attending Brooklands in June.

My bus number (if any): RM44, RM1138

Adam
Indeed I am one team who was ask to assist in that event we are hoping to get a selection of Clydeside and Kelvin buses .