ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RMs out and about

On the way to "up north" and back for a family funeral, passed RM1005 heading south near Doncaster on the A1 on Sunday; then Monday, early evening, caught up with RML2696 on the M1 heading south on a tow truck around Dunstable. This one is owned by Berkeley Bathrooms. Looks like a South East Coachworks conversion, but what was wrong with it?

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Re: RMs out and about

Hi Roy , talking about RM1005 . I have a long history with this bus . I conducted it on the 13 and then went on to drive it for several years . It didn't have its original reg plate when I drove it , The last time I traveled on it was at the wonderful Imber rally last year (what a fab running weekend that is ) . It was driven by Sir Peter Hendy that day and Leon Daniels was driving RM613 that day .I'm glad that RM1005 has got it's plate back . There have been several Routemasters that have been fortunate enough to get there original plates back thankfully , but There are many Routemaster owners , private and commercial that have tried to get there plates back for there buses and sadly failed

My bus number (if any): None yet