ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paulstra Engine Mounts

I've got RML2697 which is in urgent need to 2x new rear engine mounts. She was converted by London Central to a 'dart master' type engine configuration. Unfortunately the rear engine mounts are not similar to any other Routemaster's that I can tell. The Paulstra engine mounts may only have been used by London Central conversions as they are different to the Marshals conversion and consist of a three bolt mount not the usual 4 bolts.

So this is a long shot that someone might have or know of any spares.

Make Paulstra, Product SC-40, reference 531714.

I've identified the French firm that originally produced these however their communication is basically not responsive via email or phone.

Any help is much appreciated to get my bus back on the road.

My bus number (if any): RML2697

Re: Paulstra Engine Mounts

Barry, contact RMOOA Technical Officer Tim Barrington on 07881897945, he is the new owner of RML2600 which is also a Dartmaster and may be able to get the part you require. I drove your bus 2697 on at least two occasions when it was in the Scottish Travel of Greenock fleet, do you have any plans to re-roof her?

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver/Restoration consultant)

Re: Paulstra Engine Mounts

Thanks for the contact Graham. After being pasted back and forth between Paulstra and their Uk suppliers, I might finally be making progress 2 weeks on.