ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DTP code for RM

When conducting a roller brake test a DTP code is put into the computer so that the percentage efficiencies can be calculated and the correct PASS or FAIL results displayed.

My RMs have had many different codes entered at test stations and the garage where I get my 18 week roller brake tests done. I wondered if anyone knew the correct 6 digit code to use?

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 and 2213, GS17

Re: DTP code for RM

I'd suggest they're different due to the different engine/body/seating etc. hence different weights.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

When I was living in The Wirral I once used the brake test at First Birkenhead , now Stagecoach . I noted down 2 codes -
RM - 116202
RML - 124202

My bus number (if any): RM2180

116= 11,600 kg GVW.
2= Vertical split service braking system Front/rear
0=
2= parking brake on second axle.

124= 12,400 Kg GVW

Many of these are recorded incorrectly, really the zero should read 8 for power hydraulic braking system. Sometimes the code will read 116802.

Thanks for the replies. The code most often used by the test stations is 115202 which seems to be right for my RMs. Will try and make sure this is always used so the results are comparable. They sometimes ask if the vehicle was first used before 1968 but this doesn't seem to affect the pass efficiencies for class 6 tests, though I think it might for class 5.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 and 2213, GS17

I suspect the difference in years is for the handbrake efficiencies, from memory the handbrake on a class 6 must "stop the wheels turning" on test on a pre-1968 vehicle. I can't remember what the class 5 regs say!

My bus number (if any): RML2532