ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Moquette

No Matt, didn't order 400 metres! Bought one roll and it arrived next day so just assumed it was an off the shelf item. RMOOA used to order it in quantity and supply to members and others but they stopped some years ago. Maybe they ought to think about doing something similar again if they can afford over £900.00? I would prefer to get it direct though because it could be at least 24% cheaper for me if I deal directly with the manufacturer.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 and 2213, GS17

I think if you read back somewhere on here, An RMOOA member took the risk himself and made orders for a run of both RM and RT Moquette.

To make the risk safer, he took orders from others until the production length was reached.

As there is always a minimum production run it was based on pre orders with a deposit up front and everyone got the meterage they ordered.

This way the cost is shared and the mark up minimised.

It can take a while as the order can only be confirmed when the production length target is reached, and that those shoe participate are sincere and pay up.

David Cooper has sourced various different moquettes and may know who has what available.

Try contacting him via his website at www.route2hire.co.uk

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Hi.

Just seen this thread.

I have just ordered RT moquette for those which wanted it.

I have in stock

RM eyes down
RM tartan
10T10
4RF4
RT

I had RCL and many others which have been asked to be involved with.

Each batch costs £1000's to get made and I don't always sell the full run so Camira hold it in stock which I have paid for in advance.

Please contact me if you want any moquette

David

My bus number (if any): RM1403, RML 2271 & RML 2674