ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Euro VI engine fitted to RM1005

Having received my autumn Routemaster Association magazine, I found the Euro VI engine conversion to Sir Peter Hendy's RM1005 to be of particular interest, here is hoping that the remaining Heritage Routemasters will all receive these conversions to prolong their service lives by at least another decade and therefore meet the new London Mayor's high quality air target.

I was actually unaware that there were two types of Allison electronic gearbox, I was aware of the T270, but not the MT643 that RM1005 has. The three ex-London United Dartmasters I have driven (RMLs2432, 2600 & 2697) all had the same push button gear selectors as the Mac Tours fleet. I was wondering therefore if the Dart gearstick buses such as RM1005 and the London heritage fleet all have the MT643 units and the push button selector buses the T270s?

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver/Restoration consultant)

Re: Euro VI engine fitted to RM1005

Yes, all of those with Stagecoach London have the older MT643 Allison gearbox fitted.

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Andrew Morgan
Yes, all of those with Stagecoach London have the older MT643 Allison gearbox fitted.

Thanks Andrew, and would I be correct in saying the Euro 3-engined RM1562 which was the only Heritage RM with push-button selector has a T270 gearbox?

My bus number (if any): RM967 (Driver/Restoration consultant)

Yes, that is correct.

My bus number (if any): RM1368