ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brake Applications

I thought I posted this a week or so ago but as I can't find it maybe I forgot to press the button!!!

RM597 returned from Imberbus with a leaking N/S/F cyliner, applications down from 18/19 to 8 (6 this week) & engine off flag drop from 28/29 min to 6 min!!!

Replaced the cylinder, topped up fluid & bled up but applications & flag drop have not improved..

We had similar readings (maybe slighty better) in March just before MOT then I had accumulators pumped up, front was down from 600 to 450 ish but rear was down from 600 to 150 ish. Ensign had pumped it up for 2015 MOT.

I'm thinking that if whilst at Imber the rear accumulator gave up the front brakes would have been taking the lion's share of the loaded effort hence the blown cylinder..

I don't have gauges that I can put on (yet) is there another way I can diagnose this? Guess I can use the engineering pressure switch circuit switch to prove that 1 accumulator is holding pressure better than the other??

My bus number (if any): RM597 & RM1971

Re: Brake Applications

Not really, how do you know the pressure switches are correct? the only way is to use gauges. Ensign should have some or I have a set if you want to bring the bus to me near Ashford Kent.

If the accumulator is losing that much I'd suggest change it. The seals are worn. I have a pair of the old type with screw-on ends on the shelf.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

I have a set of gauges you can borrow

Cheers

Rob

My bus number (if any): RF12

Hi Roy

Just tried emailing you about this but it bounced back??

Can you mail me so I can reply

Thanks

My bus number (if any): RM597 & RM1971

Done.

Hi Roy

I'm really struggling to get an email through to you directly from my email?
& I never received one from you either (dispite you saying done)

Can we try one last time -yours keep bouncing back to me saying:-

This is a delivery failure notification message indicating that an email you addressed to email address :

could not be delivered. The problem appears to be :
-- Recipient email address is possibly incorrect

My bus number (if any): RM597 RM1971

Just sent another one with my phone number on it.